Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Imported From ..Detroit?

Like the rest of 111 million Americans this past Sunday,  the Super Bowl was my choice of entertainment for the evening.  And, like the rest of the IMC majors at Ithaca College, the commercials were my ACTUAL choice of entertainment.  There certainly a few memorable ones (of course the VW Darth Vadar spot), and a few awkward ones (Doritos, anyone?) but my personal favorite was by far the Chrysler spot.  It literally made me wish I was from Detroit (which is like the last freaking thing I think I wouldve ever wished prior to seeing the commercial).  From the take-no-sh** voice of the narrator to the bold shots of the city,  it had more guts than any commercial I have seen yet.  More importantly, it reminded me that the automobile industry is still alive in America, and that it deserves support from our nation. It literally gives me goose bumps every time I watch it.  Even Eminems's appearance felt righteous to me, and i'm not even a fan of the guy.

So the ultimate question is: will it convince Americans that Chrysler knows how to create luxury cars?  Maybe not.  But will it inspire Americans to reconsider that Detroit and the American automobile industry is a stronger than we think it is?  Most deffinetley yes (in my opinion, of course).


Check it out here:

1 comment:

  1. It was definitely a cool ad. Too bad the cars don't live up to the marketing.

    ReplyDelete